GAVIN GIFFORD GALLERY
This gallery was named after one of the first members of the TAHS (Te Awamutu Historical Society) – Mr. Gavin Gifford. He gifted not only his collection to the new Museum, but also the use of his rooms as the first Museum space. The date, 6th February 1935, making the Te Awamutu Historical Society the first to create a Museum in the Waikato. From those humble beginnings, the Museum has transformed over the decades to what we have today. This gallery pays homage to the legacy gifted by Gavin Gifford.
The Gavin Gifford Gallery is a long-term gallery used for all types of displays, internally and externally developed and touring exhibitions.