The Museum is going Batty!
Due to Covid levels, visitors may be a bit weary to attend events. The Te Awamutu Museum has made a call to change their afternoon indoor event to a week long trail, making it easier for families to come in and enjoy finding bats around the Museum. “Covid is really making it difficult for families to enjoy Museum events, so we are inviting everyone to pop into the Museum for Tui & Tama’s Great Bat Trail!” Come in to the Museum for our special Halloween Giveaway competition – find all the coloured bats, enter the prize draw and get a special Tui & Tama Badge!
Date: Saturday 23rd – Saturday 30th October 2021
Time: Museum Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-4pm and Sat 10am-2pm.
Cost: FREE ENTRY
All children must have adult supervision, and be a registered member of the Tui & Tama Club. Please be aware there may be limits on capacity so please check with reception on the day.
Tui & Tama’s Find-our-Friend Giveaway!
We have some new game tables up in the mezzanine that introduce Tui & Tama’s new friends. Meet these new friends by spotting them around the Museum, then get an entry form from reception, fill it in and go into the draw for two prize packs.
As Tui & Tama Club Members, you’ll receive a special friends badge!
Don’t worry if you’re not a club member yet, you can sign up on our website here or call into the Museum and pick up a registration form, it’s FREE!
Draw closes 1st October at 4.00pm
Welcome back to the Te Awamutu Museum!
Shane Te Ruki was asked to recite a karakia for staff returning back to the Museum in level 2 today. With his close connection to Uenuku, it was lovely that he used our Tangata Whenua Gallery to deliver the karakia and statements of welcome for staff and visitors.
We’re excited to move down through the levels to be open for our visitors. We have a few things in place to make your visit safe and still enjoyable.
For your safety we’ve activated a few procedures for all Museum goers and staff. These are;
- A maximum of 10 people will be allowed in the museum at a maximum of 30 minutes inside the facility (if we have people waiting).
- There will also be restrictions in place on the number of people allowed in each gallery.
- Staff will be regularly sanitising any commonly used surfaces.
- There will be no events or public programmes while in level 2, and no children interactives available indulging puzzles and toys.
- Do ask at our front desk for Museum activity trails, keep an eye on our Facebook or digital takeaway programmes.