PLAN YOUR VISIT
YOUR HISTORY – YOUR STORIES – YOUR MUSEUM
135 Roche Street, Te Awamutu, Waipā District, Waikato Region
- In front of the Museum on Roche Street, across the street in the Waipā District Council car park,
- Limted parking on Vaile and Redoubt Street.
- We can also direct you to parking areas in the town centre only 2 mins walk from the Museum. Please ask us if you’re not sure where to park.
- This is located out the front of the Museum for schools and visiting groups. Please make sure when placing your group booking to let us know if need to use the bus stop and for how long.
- Note: the bus stop parking is for buses or light van vehicles only.
- There is an accessible carpark outside the Museum front.
- We have a sheltered park for your accessible scooter outside under the verandah at the left of the Museum doors.
- We have an amazing FREE bike parking area located left of the Museum on the grass verge. You won’t miss it it’s red!
- We have a special place for your dog outside of the Museum, under the verandah along with a water dish. Please let us know if the dish needs to be cleaned or refilled.
Monday – Friday 10am-4pm
Public Holidays 10am-2pm
(CLOSED Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and Good Friday)
If you are a group of 10+ people, please contact us first so we can make the necessary arrangements for you and our team.
Wanting to find out more about the Te Awamutu Museum and any of our services?
Museum Reception/Front Desk:
Phone: 64 (07) 872 0085
Te Awamutu Museum
135 Roche Street
Private Bag 2402
Te Awamutu 3840
PLEASE BE AWARE THERE ARE SECTIONS, TAONGA MĀORI, OBJECTS, ARCHIVES AND EXHIBITIONS THAT YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PHOTOGRAPH WHILST IN THE MUSEUM. PLEASE ASK THE RECEIPTION HOST FOR INFORMATION.
UENUKU – is a significant taonga Māori and it is not possible for you to take photographs of the object in its entirety or in part, due to its significance to local whānau hapū and iwi. You can purchase images of Uenuku from the Museum shop by asking our reception hosts.