A word from our Director of Museum and Heritage – Anne Blyth.
Tēnā koutou katoa,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Museum will be temporarily closed from Friday 21st October 2022, and will remain closed while we work through the results of a Seismic Assessment Report.
Museum staff are currently working from alternative locations.
Education Programmes are still operating utilising alternate sites and our education handling collection – contact the Museum Educator Kerrin Carr email LEOTC@waipadc.govt.nz or phone 07 984 7310.
For all other Museum enquiries please phone 07 872 0085 and your call will be directed to the appropriate staff member, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rest assured we are regularly checking the Museum to ensure the collection/taonga remains safe.
For regular updates you can also check out the Waipā District Council and the Museum Facebook Pages.
Further Information regarding the closure can be found here:
In the meantime there are a number of things to do and check out!
- Our collection on-line https://collection.tamuseum.org.nz/explore
- Out the front of the Museum we have some FREE whānau activity brochures – Te Ara Wai Journeys and Clue Gos to activate your family’s knowledge about local history
- Visit the Waipā District Council foyer to see one of our amazing Museum collection displays
- Check out Te Ara Wai Journeys online at www.tearawai.nz and head out to some of the sites of heritage significance in the District
We recommend schools and ECE contact the Museum Educator Kerrin Carr for information about education programmes either email LEOTC@waipadc.govt.nz or phone +64798 47310.
For all enquiries contact email@example.com and also check out the council and Museum FB pages for updates. Information can be found here: https://bit.ly/3MJCTXs
In the meantime, there are a number of things to do and check out!
- Collections online here: https://collection.tamuseum.org.nz/explore
- Out front of the Museum we have some FREE whānau activity brochures like – Te Ara Wai Journeys and Clue Gos.
- Visit the Waipā District Council foyer to see one of our amazing Museum collection displays.
- Check out Te Ara Wai Journeys online at www.tearawai.nz
Ka kite anō